Go to the re-enrollment application.
Re-Enrollment Criteria for CCAS Students Who Have Been Academically Dismissed
First-time dismissed students must have successfully completed at least 12 transferable credits at an academic credit-bearing institution.
Students that were dismissed from other Rutgers Schools may NOT re-enroll to CCAS. They must re-enroll back to their original Rutgers school of admission and once they have obtained the admissions criteria for CCAS, they may complete a school-to-school application to be considered for a transfer to CCAS.
Students must have earned a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.50 at an academic credit-bearing institution.
- Students must complete an appeal for re-admission application (prior to completing the re-enrollment application).
- Students must complete a re-enrollment application (after their re-admission application has been approved).
- Students must provide evidence (i.e. an official transcript of any college courses taken since leaving Rutgers) that they can now do satisfactory work at Rutgers-Camden. Send credentials to the Office of Admissions; Attention: Re-Enrollment; 406 Penn Street; Camden, New Jersey 08102.
- The Scholastic Standing Committee must first approve students for re-admission before the re-enrollment application can be approved.
- If a student was academically dismissed twice, s/he is no longer able to continue studies at Rutgers University.
- If a student was on probation, they must still abide by those conditions upon their return to Rutgers-Camden.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at Rutgers-Camden in order to receive a degree from the school.
Some programs have special academic standards in addition to the conditions of admission to the Camden College of Arts and Sciences. If the Scholastic Standing Committee decides in favor of re-admission, this decision applies to admission to CCAS. It does not imply admissibility to a particular professional program (e.g. School of Business, School of Nursing, or School of Social Work).
Re-Enrollment Criteria for Rutgers University Students Who Have Not Been Dismissed and Are in Good Academic Standing
If a student attended another college since their last Rutgers enrollment, an official transcript must be forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions; Attention: Re-Enrollment; 406 Penn Street; Camden, New Jersey 08102.
- A Rutgers re-enrollment application.
- Official transcript(s) of any college courses taken since leaving Rutgers.
- Non-matriculated students are permitted to take a maximum of 30 credits.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at RU-Camden to receive a degree.
- If a previously enrolled CCAS student was on probation, they must still abide by those conditions upon their return to Rutgers University-Camden College of Arts and Sciences.
- Previously enrolled students at any undergraduate school of Rutgers University including the Camden, Newark, and New Brunswick campuses may re-enroll if they are in good academic standing (cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 or higher) and they must have a minimum of 12 Rutgers University credits.
- Students must clear any financial holds at Rutgers University by the designated deadline before the re-enrollment application can be approved.
- All students are required to complete general education requirements, major requirements, and a minimum of 120 credits to be eligible to obtain a degree from Rutgers University–Camden. Additionally, students must have a 2.00 or higher cumulative grade-point average.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits of the final 42 credits as regularly enrolled undergraduates at Rutgers–Camden, including at least 12 credits in the major.
- Click here to learn more about general and major requirements at Rutgers University–Camden.
- There are a couple of specialized majors that do not require general education requirements. Please contact the CCAS Advising Office directly for guidance with these majors at (856) 225-6043.
Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
Students interested in applying for re-admission/re-enrollment to the Camden College of Arts and Sciences must submit the online re-enrollment application no later than January 9 (spring semester) or August 17 (fall semester).
Applicants will receive notification of the decision via email on or before January 12 (spring semester) and August 23 (fall semester).
Re-enrolling students may call the Office of Academic Advising at (856) 225-6043 to obtain information about advising/registration for the upcoming term.
By submitting an application, a re-enrolling student declares his/her intention to enroll at the Camden College of Arts and Sciences. The Office of Academic Advising will notify the University Registrar of your re-enrollment.
Withdrawal of Application
Prior to a decision, an applicant may withdraw his/her application by visiting the re-enrollment application status screen, and inserting the letter “W” in the decision field.
If a decision has been made, the re-enrolled student must notify the college contact immediately to properly update the student’s and school’s records to reflect the change in enrollment plans.
Students may contact the Office of Campus Involvement and Residence Life at (856) 225-6471 if they have any questions, or visit their site to inquire about housing opportunities on campus for the upcoming semester. Housing accommodations are assigned on a space-available basis.
Accommodation Under ADA/Section 504
Students requiring accommodation should inform their campus coordinator of their intention to enroll. Please contact the Learning Center directly at (856) 225-2717 to arrange accommodations in Camden. To find out more information about disability services, please visit the Disability Services site.
Students should contact financial aid at (856) 225-6039 if they have any questions, or visit their site.
Dean Danyelle Thurman, firstname.lastname@example.org