Go to the re-enrollment application.
Re-Enrollment Criteria for Rutgers Camden–University College (RUC) Students Who Have Been Academically Dismissed
Rutgers Camden–University College is only for students who apply to one of the off-campus programs (Atlantic Cape, Brookdale, Camden County College, Raritan Valley, or Western Monmouth). Any student who wants to attend the main campus in Camden should submit a re-enrollment application for the Rutgers University–Camden College of Arts and Sciences.
First-time dismissed students must have successfully completed at least 12 transferable credits at an academic credit-bearing institution.
Students that were dismissed from other Rutgers Schools may NOT re-enroll to RUC. They must re-enroll back to their original Rutgers school of admission and once they have obtained the admissions criteria for RUC, they may complete a school-to-school application to be considered for a transfer to RUC.
Students must have earned a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.50 at an academic credit-bearing institution.
- Students must complete an appeal for re-admission application (prior to completing the re-enrollment application).
- Students must complete a re-enrollment application (after their re-admission application has been approved).
- Students must provide evidence (i.e. an official transcript of any college courses taken since leaving Rutgers) that they can now do satisfactory work at Rutgers–Camden. Send credentials to the Admissions Office; Attention: Re-Enrollment; 406 Penn Street; Camden, New Jersey 08102.
- The Scholastic Standing Committee must first approve students for re-admission before the re-enrollment application can be approved.
- If a student was academically dismissed twice, s/he is ineligible to continue studies at Rutgers University.
- If a student was on probation, they must still abide by those conditions upon their return to Rutgers–Camden.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at Rutgers–Camden in order to receive a degree from the school.
- Students must clear any financial holds at Rutgers–Camden by the designated deadline, before the re-enrollment application can be approved.
Some programs have special academic standards in addition to the conditions of admission to Rutgers Camden–University College. If the Scholastic Standing Committee decides in favor of re-admission, this decision applies to admission to Rutgers Camden–University College only. It does not imply admissibility to a particular professional program (e.g. School of Business, School of Nursing, or School of Social Work).
Re-Enrollment Criteria of Rutgers University Students Who Have Not Been Dismissed and Are in Good Academic Standing
If a student attended another college or university since her or his last Rutgers enrollment, an official transcript must be forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions; Attention: Re-Enrollment; 406 Penn Street; Camden, New Jersey 08102.
- A completed re-enrollment application.
- Official transcript of any college courses taken since leaving Rutgers.
- Non-matriculated students are permitted to take a maximum of 30 credits.
- Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits at RU-Camden in order to receive a degree.
- If a previously enrolled RUC student was on probation, they must still abide by those conditions upon their return to Rutgers Camden- University College.
- Previously enrolled students at any undergraduate school of Rutgers University including the Camden, Newark, and New Brunswick campuses may re-enroll if they are in good academic standing (cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 or higher) and they must have a minimum of 12 Rutgers University credits.
- Students must clear any financial holds at Rutgers University by the designated deadline, before the re-enrollment application can be approved.
- All students are required to complete general education requirements, major requirements, and a minimum of 120 credits to be eligible to obtain a degree from Rutgers–Camden. Additionally, students must have a 2.00 or higher cumulative grade-point average.
- Click here to learn more about general and major requirements at Rutgers University–Camden.
- There are a couple of specialized majors that do not require general education requirements. Please contact your off-campus program manager for guidance with these majors.
Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
Students interested in applying for re-admission/re-enrollment to the Rutgers Camden-University College must submit the online re-enrollment application no later than January 10 (spring semester) or August 14 (fall semester).
Applicants will receive notification of the decision via email on or before January 15 (spring semester) and August 21 (fall semester).
Re-enrolling students may call their college contact listed above to schedule an appointment for advising and/or course selections for the upcoming term.
By submitting an application, a re-enrolling student declares his/her intention to enroll at Rutgers Camden-University College. The off-campus program manager will notify the University Registrar of your re-enrollment.
Withdrawal of Application
Prior to a decision, an applicant may withdraw his/her application by visiting the re-enrollment application status screen and inserting the letter “W” in the decision field.
If a decision has been made, the re-enrolled student must notify the college contact immediately to properly update the student’s and school’s records to reflect the change in enrollment plans.
Accommodation Under ADA/Section 504
Students requiring accommodation should inform their campus coordinator of their intention to enroll. Contact the Learning Center directly at (856) 225-2717 to arrange accommodations in Camden. To find out more information about disability services, please visit the Disability Services site or contact the college contact listed above.
Students should contact financial aid at (856) 225-6039 if they have any questions, or visit their site.
- Atlantic Cape: Jason Jankowski, email@example.com, (609) 837-2912
- Brookdale/and Western Monmouth: Joe Walsh, firstname.lastname@example.org, (732) 625-7012
- Raritan Valley: Judith Grausso, email@example.com, (908) 526-1200 , ext.8986
- Camden County: Yolanda Cosby, firstname.lastname@example.org, (856) 227-7200 , ext. 4524