University College–Camden is only for students who apply to one of the Off-Campus Programs (Atlantic Cape, Brookdale, Camden County College, McGuire Joint Base, Raritan Valley, or Western Monmouth).
Any student who wants to attend the main campus in Camden should submit a school-to-school application for the Camden College of Arts and Sciences.
Go to the School-to-School Transfer application.
Students must have completed a minimum of 12 credits at Rutgers University by the end of the current semester.
Grade Point Average
Students must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 at Rutgers University.
- Students should be planning to enroll in daytime courses.
- Students must indicate on their application if they are currently under review for disciplinary action.
- Students must successfully complete a minimum of 30 new credits at Rutgers University–Camden.
- Students must remain in good academic standing at their current college and satisfactorily complete the current semester.
- Any additional conditions will be noted in the notification message to admitted students.
Rutgers University Registrar will automatically forward the applicant’s Rutgers academic transcript to the college after submission of the online application.
Copies of transcripts from other colleges (if applicable) are acceptable. Send transcripts directly to the Admissions Office, 406 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102-1400.
All students are required to complete general education requirements, major requirements, and earn a minimum of 120 credits to be eligible to obtain a degree from Rutgers University–Camden. Additionally, students must have a 2.00 or higher cumulative grade point average. Click here to learn more about general and major requirements at Rutgers University–Camden.
There are a couple of specialized majors that do not require general education requirements. Please contact the CCAS Advising Office directly for guidance with these majors (856) 225-6043.
- Atlantic Cape: Jason Jankowski, firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 837-2912
- Brookdale and Western Monmouth: Joe Walsh, Joe.email@example.com or (732) 625-7012
- McGuire Joint Base: Christine Ulch, firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 353-1273
- Raritan Valley: Judith Grausso, Judith.email@example.com (908) 526-1200 , ext.8986
- Camden County College: Yolanda Cosby, firstname.lastname@example.org or (856) 227-7200 , ext.4524
Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
Students interested in applying for admission to University College–Camden must submit the school-to-school transfer online application no later than January 11 for Spring I and March 8 for Spring II semesters, or August 16 for Fall I and October 18 for Fall II semesters.
Applicants will receive notification of their admissions decision via email on or before January 18 for Spring I and March 11 for Spring II, or August 23 for Fall I and October 22 for Fall II semesters.
Admitted students may call the College contact listed above, to schedule an appointment for advising and/or course selections for the upcoming term.
By submitting an online application, an admitted student declares his/her intention to enroll at University College–Camden for the upcoming term. An advising dean will notify the university registrar to change the student’s college of registration to University College–Camden (school code #64).
Withdrawal of Application
Prior to a decision, an applicant may withdraw his/her application by visiting the status screen and clicking on “Withdraw My Application.”
Students with questions may contact the Office of Campus Involvement and Residence Life at (856) 225-6471, or visit their site to inquire about housing opportunities on the campus for the upcoming semester. Housing accommodations are assigned to school-to-school transfers on a space available basis.
Accommodation Under ADA/Section 504
Students currently receiving accommodation should inform their current campus coordinator of their intention to transfer. Contact the Learning Center directly (856) 225-6442 to arrange accommodation in Camden. For information about disability services, visit the Disability Services site.
A transfer may affect financial aid and/or scholarships. Students should contact financial aid at (856) 225-6039, if they have any questions, or visit their site.