A printable checklist of these tasks is available for download.
May 2019 Graduation Module Assignments
- Confirm Your Graduation Plan
- You have been added to this program because your credit count shows you to be eligible. Send an email to email@example.com by March 11 if you are NOT planning to be a May graduate. If you do not send communication by this time, it will be assumed you are planning to be a May graduate.
- Attend a Senior Graduation Information Session
- Mandatory Senior Graduation Information Sessions will be held in early March to review graduation eligibility. Students must attend only one session. Please note that the information reviewed in the spring session differs from what was reviewed in the fall; even if you attend the fall session, you should still attend a spring session. Dates, times, and locations to be announced shortly.
- Alternate arrangements are being made for our partnership campus students and updates will be announced shortly.
- Submit a Diploma Application
- The Diploma Application is a mandatory part of the graduation process. All students must submit a Diploma Application by April 1. There are no exceptions and this deadline is firm. The Diploma Application can be accessed via http://bit.ly/2Nv5VdX.
- Submit a Confirm Your Degree, Major, and Minor Form
- Using a form available at http://bit.ly/2LDyzYE, confirm with the Office of the Registrar your degree (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science), major(s), and minor(s). This form is due by April 1. Please note that the purpose of this form is to confirm what will read on your official transcript. Your diploma will not list your major or minor.
- Attend a Senior Review with your Advisor
- Communicate with your academic advisor (either through email, phone, or in-person appointment) to confirm your degree requirements are in process of being completed by semester’s end. Senior Reviews must be completed by April 1. If you had your Senior Review completed in the fall, please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The FASC Commencement Committee will work with Honors College staff and partnership campus advisors to confirm that those students’ Senior Reviews have been completed.
May 2019 Graduation Module Reminders for those Attending Commencement (NOT MANDATORY ASSIGNMENTS)
- Purchase of Regalia/Honors Cords
- The University District Bookstore, located at 601 Cooper Street, will host a Graduation Fair from noon to 6 p.m. on Monday, March 25 – Wednesday, March 27. At this time, you may purchase regalia, school rings, frames for diplomas, and other merchandise related to commencement. Regalia may be purchased up until the time of the ceremony (the bookstore will have a booth at the BB&T Pavilion during the line-up for the processional). Bachelor of Arts students will have a white hood and Bachelor of Science students will have a gold hood.
- Students who qualify for honors cords may purchase them the week of the commencement ceremony at the bookstore. The requirements for honor cords are 45 credits earned at Rutgers University and a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above. You may find more information about Latin honors classifications at https://advising.camden.rutgers.edu/advising/seniors/. You will need to show picture ID at the time of purchase. You may contact the bookstore at 856-968-1200 or email@example.com.
- Commencement Ticket Pick-Up
- When you submitted your Diploma Application, you had to select the number of tickets you need for guests. As a reminder, the number of tickets each student will receive will be officially determined in April, once all students have submitted the Diploma Application. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request; however, the number requested is not guaranteed. Students will receive an email notification of their allotted ticket number in April. Students may pick up their tickets on either Thursday, May 9, from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., or Wednesday, May 15, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., in the Campus Center. Students at partnership campuses will have their tickets mailed to their campus advisor and they may pick their tickets up from that point person. Details will follow in April. If extra tickets are available they can be picked up on the day of commencement at the BB&T Pavilion; if extra tickets are available an email notification will be released after May 16.
- Special Accommodations
- Students who require special accommodations at commencement (i.e., you have a wheelchair, walker, or cane that require special access to the stage; you cannot stand for long periods of time and need a chair during the processional line-up; you are a mother nursing a child) must fill out the necessary form by the deadline stated (this deadline is usually in early May). Students’ guests must also fill out a special accommodation form detailing their needs. If you require further explanation regarding the definition of special accommodations, please contact us. Details will follow as they become available.
May 2019 Graduation Module Reminders (NOT MANDATORY ASSIGNMENTS)
- Graduation Fair
- The University District Bookstore, located at 601 Cooper Street, will host a Graduation Fair from noon to 6 p.m. on Monday, March 25 – Wednesday, March 27. At this time, you may purchase items such as school rings, frames for diplomas, and other merchandise related to commencement.
- Senior Portraits
- Sittings for senior portraits take place in the Campus Center’s Viewing Room from Monday, March 25 – Thursday, March 28, and Wednesday, April 10 – Thursday, April 11, 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Schedule your appointment at ouryear.com, entering school code 34, or by calling 1-800-OUR-YEAR (687-9327).
- Senior Celebration
- A Graduation Celebration hosted by Chancellor Phoebe A. Haddon, the Division of Student Affairs, and the Rutgers University Alumni Association, will take place on Monday, May 20, from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. in the Campus Center. This event is for graduating students only. Additional details will be forthcoming.